RESUMPTION OF PUBLIC MASSES
UPDATE 15THJULY 2020
Public Masses will resume at St. Mary’s, Star of the Sea, Whitehouse on Monday 20thJuly 2020.
The Mass timetable is as follows:
Saturday Vigil 5.30pm
Reserving Your Place at Mass
Capacity in the Church is restricted to just 48 people due to social-distancing requirements. Once maximum capacity has been reached there can be no further admission to the Church. In order to avoid disappointment, a wasted journey and chaos in the car park, all those wishing to attend will be required to book their place in advance.
How to make a Mass Reservation
Visit the parish website (www.loughshoreparishes.org). Navigate to the booking page and follow the instructions. You will receive an email confirming your booking. Please print this off (or have it on your smart phone) and bring it with you to Mass to show to the steward at the front door.
For those without Internet Access
Those without internet access who are unable to personally make a Mass reservation online we suggest a number of options:
- In the first instance, ask a family member or a neighbour to make an online reservation for you.
- Phone Anne Butler, Monday-Friday, 2pm-4pm – 02890 876714 and she will make the reservation
on your behalf.
- Please do not show up without a reservation, in order to avoid disappointment.
- Family groups of up to four people can make a joint booking.
3.To allow as many people as possible to attend Mass, you are asked not to make a booking for
more than one Mass per week.
- We will be using the main front doors.
- Please follow the directions of the stewards in the car park, and keep to the 2 metre distancing protocol while waiting to enter the church.
- The church has the capacity for 48 parishioners at each Mass – 24 pews each accommodating 2 individuals with social distancing. A group of family members (up to four people) may sit together. Volunteer stewards will direct parishioners to available seats.
- Hand sanitisers are available. Please use these
- when you enter the church
- just before receiving Holy Communion
- as you leave the church
- Designated areas for disabled parishioners will be clearly marked.
- Please bring your own facemask and wear it while you are in the church.
- Remember to avoid all physical contact, including handshaking .
- You are asked to wipe down the area in which you have been sitting before you leave at the end of Mass. Wipes are available in each pew. Wipes should be disposed of in the bins provided.
- Parishioners are asked to follow the instructions of the stewards for leaving the church at the end of Mass. Please exit the church by the main front doors and avoid congregating in the porch or outside the front door.
- The candelabra will be available to parishioners, one person at a time. Parishioners are asked to wipe the area they touch before and after use. Wipes will be made available.
- Toilet facilities will not be available at this time. Please do not enter the sacristy, confessional or side porch.
- If you or any of your household are exhibiting any signs of Covid 19 (raised temperature, persistent cough, loss of taste or smell) you must not enter the church.