Welcome to the website for the Loughshore Parishes. This is a group of three parishes which came together in 2009 – St Mary’s Greencastle, Star of The Sea Whitehouse & St James’ Whiteabbey. There are four churches in this group, St Mary’s Greencastle, Star of The Sea Whitehouse, St James’ Whiteabbey & St Colman’s Greenisland
PRAYER OF CONSECRATION
Most Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of God and Health of the Sick, at this time of great challenge to our country from the coronavirus, we consecrate to Jesus through your Immaculate Heart:
Help us, O Mother of Divine Love, to conform ourselves to the Father’s will and to do what Jesus tells us – He who took our sufferings upon Himself, and bore our sorrows to bring us, through the Cross, to the joy of the Resurrection. O Blessed Mother, Our Life, our Sweetness and Our Hope, we wish that this Consecration be for the glory of God and that it lead us safely to Jesus your Son.
A Naomh-Mhuire, a Mháthair Dé, guigh orainn na peacaigh, anois agus ar uair ár mbáis. Amen.
May your servants be shielded, O Lord By the protection of your loving-kindness, That, doing what is good in this world, They may reach you, their highest good. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.
May Almighty God bless you, the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Amen.
Celebration of Mass
Dear Parishioners, as St Mary’s Star of the Sea, Whitehouse is the only church in the Loughshore Parishes with a webcam at [Watch Webcam]
All Masses and religious services will be celebrated there, without congregation, at the following times:
- Monday Mass 10am
- Tuesday Stations of the Cross 6pm
Novena Mass 7pm
- Wednesday Mass 10am
- Friday Mass 10am
- Saturday Vigil Mass 5.30pm
- Sunday Mass 11.30am
- St Peregrine Devotions & Intercession for the Sick – 7pm First Monday of the month
- Exposition & Divine Mercy Devotions 6.30pm Second Sunday of the month
Loughshore Parishes - Holy Week and Easter Triduum Services
Palm Sunday Vigil 5.30pm
Palm Sunday 11.30am – Ireland Prayer Service 3pm
- Mass 10 am
- Intercession for the Sick & St Peregrine Devotions 7pm
- Rosary 6.30pm
- Mass 7 pm
- Mass 10am
- Act of Penance/Penitential Service 7pm – Download the Order of Service for the St Peregrine Devotions Here – Watch on the Webcam Here
Mass of the Lord’s Supper 7pm
- Commemoration of the Passion 3pm
- Stations of the Cross 7p
Saturday Easter Vigil 8 pm
Easter Sunday 11.30 am
Message from Bishop Noel Treanor regarding Coronavirus (Covid-19)
On 25 March, with a very heavy heart, Bishop Noel Treanor issued further directives to be observed in every parish in the Diocese of Down & Connor regarding Covid-19.
- All Churches are to be COMPLETELY CLOSED until further notice. (Masses and other Devotions will be celebrated by a Priest in a closed Church and you are invited to join in the celebration of Mass etc via a Webcam)
- FUNERAL ARRANGEMENTS – our beloved deceased, our brothers and sisters in Christ who die, will be taken directly to the cemetery for burial. In the cemetery, a short prayer service will take place, respecting social distancing and other necessary directives. Requiem Mass will be celebrated in memory of the deceased person at a later date when this pandemic has passed.
- We must proactively exercise extreme care for each other and for ourselves.
Bishop Noel Treanor’s Pastoral Message is available on the Diocesan website in text and YouTube formats (www.downandconnor.org)
Loghshore Parishes Monthly Draw has been Postponed
'Stay at home' - Respiratory team's plea to NI public
The respiratory team at the Belfast Health Trust has issued an impassioned plea to the public to socially distance to help save thousands of lives.
Doctors, nurses and physiotherapists sacrificed some rare time off on Sunday to film a hard-hitting video that highlights the potentially catastrophic effect of coronavirus on families across Northern Ireland.
Online Contribution(s) to your Parish
Dear Parishioners, if you wish to continue making your contributions to the various collections you can do so online from your bank account by making an electronic transfer. [For information you need to include in the payment ref so that we know who is paying and examples please click here]
The information you will need for the Payee is:
- Name of Account: Star of the Sea Whitehouse
- Sort Code: 93 83 19
- Account No: 28701180
- Name of Account: St James Parish Account (this is the account for St James’ & St Colman’s)
- Sort Code: 93-84-24
- Account No: 09358002
- Name of Account: Parish of Greencastle
- Sort Code: 93-83-19
- Account No: 28883277
Coronavirus Medical Helpline
Northern Ireland now has full access to the 111 Helpline on coronavirus. This is available 24/7 to provide advice, for those who may have concerns.
Contacting your GP: If you are worried about symptoms, contact your GP via telephone. Anyone with flu like symptoms is advised not to go to your GP’s surgery or to A&E but to seek advice over the telephone.