Welcome to the website for the Loughshore Parishes. This is a group of three parishes that came together in 2009 – St Mary’s Greencastle, Star of The Sea Whitehouse & St James’ Whiteabbey. There are four churches in this group, St Mary’s Greencastle, Star of The Sea Whitehouse, St James’ Whiteabbey & St Colman’s Greenisland
Mass times of churches in our Loughshore Parishes
- Monday Mass in St Colman’s Greenisland 10 am
- Tuesday Rosary & Novena Mass St Mary’s Star of the Sea Whitehouse 6.30 pm & 7 pm
- Wednesday Mass St Mary’s Greencastle 10 am
- Friday Mass in St James’ Whiteabbey 10 am
- Saturday Vigil Mass in St Mary’s Star of the Sea, Whitehouse 5:30 pm
- Sunday Mass St Colman’s Greenisland 9:45 am
- Sunday Mass St James’ Whiteabbey 11 am
- Sunday Mass Greencastle 12:15 pm
We offer our sincere thanks to all our parish volunteers who have given so generously in various ways in these past months to facilitate church openings for individual/private prayer as well as public masses.
IMPORTANT NOTICE RE CHANGE OF MASS TIMES
On Sunday 14 August 2021, the times of the Sunday Masses in the Loughshore Parishes will be changing.
The new Mass times will be as follows:
- Saturday at 5pm in Star of the Sea, Whitehouse
- Saturday at 6.30pm in St Mary’s, Greencastle
- Sunday at 9.30am in St Colman’s, Greenisland
- Sunday at 11am in St James’, Whiteabbey
APPEAL FOR MASKS
In order to protect each other and keep everyone safe it is advisable to wear face masks. These have been found to be very effective in preventing the spread of the Corona Virus. We would therefore ask those coming to Mass to bring their own face mask and to wear it through the Mass until Communion time.
We would very much welcome the donation of washable and reusable face masks that we can make available to those who do not have them. If you can help in this respect, please contact the chairperson of the Parish Covid 19 Team, email@example.com, or the parish office 028 9037 0845
There will also be an ongoing need for hand sanitiser and Dettol anti-viral wipes. All donations of these items are very much appreciated.
BOOKING PROCEDURE TO ATTEND MASS
With the social-distancing requirements there is limited seating availability in the church. We wish to avoid a scenario where we are over subscribed and have to turn people away at the door and the car park is in chaos due to cars arriving and departing at the same time.
Please see Book A Pew link above in order to reserve a seat at the Mass you would like to attend.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we try to move things forward.
“Ar scáth a chéile a mhaireann na daoine”
(We are shielded by each other)
Our Parish Safeguarding Committee
- Fr David Delargy, PP
- Anne McDermott, Whitehouse (Chair)
- Pauline O’Brien, Greencastle
- Margaret Hughes, Whiteabbey
- Claire Kelly, Whiteabbey
- Patricia McCorry, Greenisland
- What Does the Parish Safeguarding Committee Do?
- Safeguarding Children
- A Policy for the Catholic Church in Ireland.
If you are worried about the safety or well-being of any child or vulnerable adult in our Lough Shore Parishes, please contact:
- Safeguarding Office: 028 90 49 27 98
- Designated Liaison Person for Safeguarding:
- Ms Margaret Burke: 07534 992124
- Email: Margaret.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Social Services Regional Number 028 90507000
- Out Of Hours Regional Social Work Service028 9504 9999
- NSPCC Helpline0808 8005000
UPDATE REGARDING BAPTISMS, WEDDINGS, FUNERALS AND HOME VISITATIONS 6th July 2020
- Attendance at weddings and funerals in Star of the Sea, Whitehouse is limited to 60 people.
- Baptisms are currently taking place in St Mary’s, Greencastle. Numbers are limited to a maximum of 10 people and only one child is to be baptised at each ceremony, unless there is more than one child from the same family to be baptised. The maximum number that can attend a baptism, marriage ceremony, or funeral is determined by the social distancing requirements and safety guidelines.
- HOME VISITATION – Home visitation, first Friday visits and, ‘sick calls’, remain suspended and are restricted to cases of urgency only with social distancing and hygiene requirements applying.
Private Prayer at St Mary Church in Greencastle
St Mary church in Greencastle is the designated Church for this purpose and it is opened for EUCHARISTIC ADORATION every Wednesday at 10am to 1.00pm.
A steward will be present to guide visitors and point out safety arrangements. Please note, there will be a one-way system. Please enter by the main door and use the hand sanitiser before proceeding into the church.
While you are in the church, please continue to observe social distancing (2 meters). There are five kneelers and chairs in the central part of the church. Only these are to be used. Please do not use any of the pews as these have been cordoned off and are not available. If the designated seats are occupied, please wait until one becomes available before moving into the prayer space.
Please continue reading more guidelines below.
Re-opening of Churches for Private Prayer - More Guidelines
It will be possible for you to light a candle at Our Lady’s shrine.
There is no time limit to how long you may stay, but please be aware that others may be waiting for you to finish so that they can come into the prayer space. When you are finished, use the cleaning materials provided to sanitise the kneeler and chair so that they are safe for the person coming after you. Place used cloths in the bins provided.
When exiting the church do not go back the way you came in. Following the one way system and the exit signs placed there for your convenience, please exit the church only by the side door on the right and sanitise your hands before you leave.
If the churches are to be opened at other times, it will be necessary for volunteers to come forward to assist with stewarding and cleaning duties. Please phone the parish office if you would like to help out in this way.
Thank you and God Bless you
Very Important Notice
Dear Loughshore Parishioners
I have become aware of a fraudulent scam within the parishes of Greencastle, Whitehouse and St Mary’s on the Hill. Unscrupulous individuals are calling with vulnerable people (in some cases our Parishioners) and offering to:
A. Take their weekly envelopes to the Church
B. Offering to do their shopping but wanting cash up front.
Please be aware of this scam.
In line with the government’s “Stay at Home” and social distancing policies we must not collect envelopes at this time. Once Government policy allows we will look at measures to safely collect.
PLEASE SHARE THIS INFORMATION WIDELY
PRAYER OF CONSECRATION
Most Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of God and Health of the Sick, at this time of great challenge to our country from the coronavirus, we consecrate to Jesus through your Immaculate Heart:
Help us, O Mother of Divine Love, to conform ourselves to the Father’s will and to do what Jesus tells us – He who took our sufferings upon Himself, and bore our sorrows to bring us, through the Cross, to the joy of the Resurrection. O Blessed Mother, Our Life, our Sweetness and Our Hope, we wish that this Consecration be for the glory of God and that it lead us safely to Jesus your Son.
A Naomh-Mhuire, a Mháthair Dé, guigh orainn na peacaigh, anois agus ar uair ár mbáis. Amen.
May your servants be shielded, O Lord By the protection of your loving-kindness, That, doing what is good in this world, They may reach you, their highest good. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.
May Almighty God bless you, the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Amen.
Loughshore Parishes Monthly Draw has been Postponed
Online Contribution(s) to your Parish
Dear Parishioners, if you wish to continue making your contributions to the various collections you can do so online from your bank account by making an electronic transfer. [For information you need to include in the payment ref so that we know who is paying and examples please click here]
The information you will need for the Payee is:
- Name of Account: Star of the Sea Whitehouse
- Sort Code: 93 83 19
- Account No: 28701180
- Name of Account: St James Parish Account (this is the account for St James’ & St Colman’s)
- Sort Code: 93-84-24
- Account No: 09358002
- Name of Account: Parish of Greencastle
- Sort Code: 93-83-19
- Account No: 28883277
Coronavirus Medical Helpline
Northern Ireland now has full access to the 111 Helpline on coronavirus. This is available 24/7 to provide advice, for those who may have concerns.
Contacting your GP: If you are worried about symptoms, contact your GP via telephone. Anyone with flu like symptoms is advised not to go to your GP’s surgery or to A&E but to seek advice over the telephone.