Welcome to the website for the Loughshore Parishes. This is a group of three parishes which came together in 2009 – St Mary’s Greencastle, Star of The Sea Whitehouse & St James’ Whiteabbey. There are four churches in this group, St Mary’s Greencastle, Star of The Sea Whitehouse, St James’ Whiteabbey & St Colman’s Greenisland.
Loughshore Parish Mission
We are a faith community gathered in this place called to create a sense of belonging and family with a shared identity and shared faith, We proclaim this faith in our coming together to worship and in our sharing love with others in service.
Upcoming Events in September
- Sat 28th: 10.00am – 4.00pm. Down and Connor Faith and Life Convention. Please let Fr. David know if you are available to attend.
Upcoming Events in October, November and December:
- Sunday, 6th October 2019 at 3.00pm. 50th Anniversary Celebration of St. Mary’s, Greencastle. Bishop Noel Treanor and some of the past and present clergy will be in attendance.
- Anniversary events in Greencastle. More information to follow
- Mon 21st Oct at 7.00pm. PPC meetings at the Greenisland Parish Hall
- St Colman’s, Greenisland 50th Anniversary, a celebration mass will be held on Sunday 20th October followed by refreshments in the hall.
- St Colman’s Hall, Greenisland, an evening event, comprising a meal and entertainment from our local talent, will be held on Friday 15th November.
- Diocesan Initiative : Focus on “Faith and Mission”in our Parish. More info to follow.
- Mon 25th bNovember at 7.00pm in the Parish Hall at St James’s ( if Committee Room is available)
- Preparation and Delivery of Advent Workshops and Liturgy To be discussed.
Both Lives Matter
‘Both Lives Matter’ (https://bothlivesmatter.org/) have created some resources to support people in emailing local politicians or to send them postcards to register an appeal for them to reconvene the Northern Ireland Assembly, in order to stop the introduction of abortion in Northern Ireland.
Please see link below for more photographs of the parishioners in Lourdes in July 2019.
Pathways Faith Development
PATHWAYS – Adult Faith Development Programme at Drumalis –
Enrol now for 2019-2021 intake. Pathways is a broad-based adult faith development course which explores spirituality, theology and prayer. Now in its fourteenth year, Pathways is geared towards those who want to reflect about life, faith and relationships with God and others. The course takes place in the beautiful surroundings of Drumalis in Larne. No academic qualifications are necessary and there is no coursework attached.
This two-year programme supported by the Diocese of Down and Connor runs from October to June each year and will be held on nine Saturdays from 10:00 am – 4:30 pm. For further information and booking form, please contact Drumalis – 028 2827 2196/2827 6455 (during office hours, Mon-Fri, 9 am – 5 pm), email firstname.lastname@example.org or see the Drumalis website: http://www.drumalis.co.uk